But this also means that they can contaminate all surfaces in a home.
An interesting note: Lysol and MANY other cleaning and disinfecting products contain pesticides. In this post we are concerned with products to kill "pests" not bacteria and viruses. (But! I thought this was an important fact to know)
So, what are some simple remedies to eliminate pests?
- We shop at a store that offers products that are safer for home and family. The pricing is competitive and the service is excellent. Learn more and request more info here.
Please note: not all of these are completely safe for children (i.e. Borax, red chili pepper). That is why our family has opted for safer products from a reputable company with proven results and an extremely ethical track record.
- For ants, you can sprinkle red chili powder, paprika or dried peppermint (or its essential oil) where the ants are entering. The company we shop with makes dryer sheets that stop ants, also.
- For outdoor pets, place their food bowl within a larger bowl of soapy water.
- For fleas, feed your pet brewer’s yeast in powder (mixed in food) or tablet form. The brewers'a yeast can produce some especially noxious smelling gas so be for warned and keep a fan near your dog for the times Fido emits those gasses.
- The company we shop with makes an amazing dog shampoo that uses NO harmful chemicals -- safe around kids (and us and Fido)
- For ants, termites, lice, fleas, spiders or roaches, mop or spray floors with Borax. It’s poisonous if ingested, so store and use carefully. OR . . . . . . I hate being redundant but you would be mad at me if I didn't tell you -- The company we shop with makes wonderfully effective, non pesticidal alternatives and preventatives for lice.
- For ants and fleas, mix 4 oz of a natural soap in 1 gallon of water and spray as needed. Or sprinkle powdered soap around your home’s foundation.